Theater Concession Employee Job Description
This is a unique opportunity to not only work for a movie theater but also to be a part of starting a new business in Cortland, NY. Crown City Cinemas is the new name, formerly The Plaza 6 Cinemas, and is under new ownership. Come take on the challenge of turning this old theater around and making it into something that we can all be proud of.
- Initial hours will average between 10-20 hours a week, Monday-Sunday with primary hours Tuesday-Sunday.
- Shifts will be 4-8 hours long between 11 am-12 am, with some infrequent exceptions.
- Pay will be hourly and based on experience and aptitude for the work. Beginning at minimum wage ($14.20/hr).
General concessions responsibilities
- Take customer concessions orders and assemble them correctly.
- Selling tickets to customers using the current reserved seating procedures.
- Checking Identification for R-rated movie tickets.
- Answering questions including but not limited to products that we offer, pricing at the concession stand, tickets, the movies currently running, and any current private showing information.
- Maintains a clean environment that is free of dirt, clutter, and pests, and is visually appealing to customers.
- Deep cleans theater auditoriums, lobby, and concessions areas regularly and teams with other employees in accomplishing this task.
- Responsible for the restocking/refilling of concession inventory from supply closets.
- Strives to help every visitor to the theater have a great experience at an affordable price.
Job Requirements and Skills
- Able to work in a customer service-heavy environment.
- Must be able to provide quick service to customers during big rushes and think fast to fix customer issues on the spot.
- Able to complete cash and credit card transactions with little to no error every time.
- Required to maintain a clean and safe concession area. Including but not limited to following all shift reports, cleaning equipment in concessions regularly, regularly washing and sanitizing hands, and helping to follow all health department given guidelines.
- Must be willing to learn technical skills (Google Apps and concessions equipment).
- Able to work hard and manage his or her time with oversight from supervisors/managers.
- Must be able to use a ladder/stepstool to change marquees and posters.
- Able to follow standardized procedures for operating the business as directed by the manager.
- Must be able to regularly lift 50lbs unassisted (i.e. pails of oil, bags of popcorn, bag in box soda syrup, and other large objects)
Apply in person:
Crown City Cinemas
Cortland, NY 13045
Apply by email:
Email an updated copy of your resume to email@example.com