Assistant Movie Theater Manager
This is a unique opportunity to not only work for a movie theater, but also to be a part of starting a new business in Cortland NY. Crown City Cinemas, formerly The Plaza 6 Cinemas, is under new ownership. Come take on the challenge of turning this old theater around and make it into something the Cortland community can be proud of.
- Initial hours will range between 6-20 hours a week, Monday-Sunday with primary hours Wednesday-Sunday.
- Shifts will be 2-6 hours long between 11am-10pm, with some infrequent exceptions.
- Pay will be hourly and based on experience and aptitude for the work.
General managerial responsibilities
- Ensure the smooth operation of the theater including opening, closing, and all activities involved in showing movies and serving concessions.
- Maintains a clean environment that is free of dirt, clutter, and pests, and is visually appealing to customers.
- The assistant manager must be capable and willing to do all activities that pertain to the operation of the theater.
- Responsible for some marketing efforts including weekly traditional advertising, updating marquis and posters, signage, and seasonal decorating.
- Handles customer service issues and strives to have every visitor to the theater have a great experience at an affordable price.
- Stocks concessions and supplies and tracks weekly and daily inventory according to company procedures.
- Deep cleans theater auditoriums, lobby, and concessions areas regularly and teams with other employees in accomplishing this task.
Job Requirements and Skills
- Must be self-motivated
- Must be willing to learn technical skills (computer skills, concessions equipment, and projection equipment)
- Able to work hard and manage his or her time without direct oversight
- Must be able to do all work involved in running a theater including cleaning, stocking concessions, selling tickets and concessions to customers using a register and completing cash or credit transactions, dealing with customer service issues, updating marquis and posters, etc.
- Must be good at working on the computer, using spread sheets, word processing, email, as well as scheduling, answering phones, and event coordination
- Able to follow standardized procedures for operating the business
- Must be able to regularly lift 50lbs unassisted (i.e. pails of oil, bags of popcorn, and other large objects)
Apply in person:
Crown City Cinemas
Cortland, NY 13045